In the power of social connections to keep us active and healthy. Having close relationships and staying socially active are essential to maintaining quality of life.
There are many ways older adults can ensure their healthy connections to friends and find opportunities to make new connections, such as:
• Taking time every day to call or visit someone
• Meeting neighbors
• Interacting with people of all ages
• Using social media like Facebook to stay in touch with friends and family
• Taking a class to pursue a passion, learn something new and meet new people
• Volunteering to help others and deepen a sense of purpose
• Participating in a group form of exercise as a fun way to socialize while keeping fit
A retirement community is another great way to enhance social connections while providing a secure and comfortable lifestyle. One of the biggest benefits of living in a retirement community is the wealth of opportunities to make new friends and participate in activities that nourish body, mind and soul.
Wesley Woods of Newnan is a senior living community on 54 acres offering independent apartments and cottages, personal care, memory care and nursing care – all on one campus.
The address is 2280 Highway 29 North, Newnan GA 30265. For more information, call 770-683-6833 or visit www.wesleywoodsnewnan.org.